Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party Bookings

Matthew

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok peeps,,,,,everything is good to go.I will pop down on the wednesday morning to make some shields for the pitch lights with David and Tich.I spoke to the owner on thursday their moving over some of the tent pitch's over but your all still together.I will get the details off the owner and tell you your new numbers wednesday evening so there's no confusion.When you arrive at the site please let the offce know ( tell them your part of the group booking under 'price' ).

Weather looks changeable to say the least next week although the weekend looks a bit more promising :grin:. Early days yet though.......

I think I've got everything, I'm planning on packing the car on tuesday and driving up on the wednesday. Must remember the umbrella and wellies.

Yeah I'll be packing the car on Tuesday too straight after work although I may start packing some stuff in it over the weekend anyway. Wellies!! I'd best put those on the pack list too then....

Hmmm I'm in the same boat as regards EQMOD & PHD guiding isn't doing me any favours either. If I can't get it to work then it'll be observing some webcam imaging & possibly some unguided imaging too.

I can get my scope to slew using Ascom & Cartes Du Ciel but that's pretty much it so far. I haven't really had a chance to try it out a star alignment or anything yet.

Booked the Friday off work so the plans to pack everything Thursday night and leave about 12,should give me a few hours to find the site and get base camp organised before nightfall. Will be keeping a close look at the weather forecast all week though and make the decision to set sail Friday morning. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Countryfile is giving a bit of a mixed bag for the weather this week with Thursday looking a complete wash out although Friday does look promising. Weather forecasting evn a week out can be highly volatile so just need to keep watching updates through the week but for the weekend campers at least some promising signs.

Car is packed and all ready to go. Quite impressed that I managed to fit all of my kit in, i.e. wellies, umbrella, waterproof jacket and trousers, goggles and arm bands and swimming trunks, snorkle, my entire scuba kit, buoy, dinghy, and a copy of Sky at Night. Sorted.

Car is packed and all ready to go. Quite impressed that I managed to fit all of my kit in, i.e. wellies, umbrella, waterproof jacket and trousers, goggles and arm bands and swimming trunks, snorkle, my entire scuba kit, buoy, dinghy, and a copy of Sky at Night. Sorted.

:hal: Don't forget the sun-block! ;-)

it seems i might not be able to come, work (asda) just informed me my previous maneger hadnt put my holidays on the computer system which because of that, and that she never gave me a signed copy saying i could have it i cant get the weekend off and we are currently very short so no one can cover me :(

as you can imagine im not best pleased but i hope you guys have a good weekend

thats a shame Gaz - I'm still weather watching and will make a decision Friday morning but I'm buying new wellies tonight and just hoping everything clears up - the last I saw was light showers Fri and Saturday just hoping theres a break in the cloud at some point in the evening - out of interest - anyone see Sky at Night on Monday - star party out in the Breon Beacons featured - what are the chances of that - looked really nice as well - Cwm ddu or Nant ddu did I hear them call it?

it is a real shame steve :( hopefully its not too late for my pitch to be filled by some one as i wouldnt want to leave it blank

last weekend i helped my mate do a club disco in clyro in a hotel called baskervill hall (yes it is indeed the one with the hound) and the skys were amazing, i was more annoyed with my self as id forgotten my bins but thats usally how it goes. it was werid though as the sky was sooooo dark, but the lights around the house were lit up and it looked really odd. and clyro does do camping as the hall is used by landrover groups for events

We are both looking forward to meeting you all, been quiet on the forum since we booked in waiting untill we can put a few faces to names. Be warned we are both novices in a way, even though we seem to have a lot of bit's so looking forward to getting everything explained. Will be bringing our 12" Dob on it's new half finished base, just to give you a clue it's based on a transit back wheel !!!!. our 4" celestron goto for which we need a lesson in setting up and more, the DSLR hope to take a few images with it on a tracked mount.

Also a box of interesting bit's, as a bonus hope to have a few metal detectors with me. Problem will be on Friday morning trying to fit it all in so if you see a golf pulling a caravan slowly towards you around lunch time with a cloud of black smoke left in it's wake that will be us.

Well what can I say people, lets just say never trust the weather forecasts. The skies have cleared lovely and the scopes are cooling down. Can already see the milky way and can make out naked eye Andromeda, the Veil and Helix nebula with a little bit of imagination. Cumulus nimbus is the best I've ever seen and fingers crossed for the northern lights later on. Wish you were here :p

Archived