SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party Bookings

Matthew

Yup here we are gazing at the darkness & nothing else so time to crack open a bottle or two.

IMG_3359_stitchAAAAA.jpg

Mr Flibble in the naughty corner!!

IMG_3360.jpg

Still at least we've got something ready for the wet stuff!!!!

IMG_3368.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh just a quick heads up, I managed to replace my front brake pads earlier this morning so I can get home safely. I had to squeeze the car under the aptly named sun canopy on the caravan to keep dry!!

I haven't been to the pub yet although David said he was popping off to a pub for lunch ages ago & hasn't come back yet, I hope he isn't drowning his sorrows cursing this wet stuff LOL

The forecast suggests it might clear up about 4am and be clear through the morning. So lots of scope for solar viewing at least!

Helen

We saw that Helen & I might be setting my alarm to have a sneaky peek. If nothing else I can go outside & do some observing with my cheap bins....

I can confirm that its very dry inside the pub as opposed to outside which is very wet :rolleyes: Nice log fire in the White Hart to keep toasty warm and a fine selection of real ales and food :grin:

Weather wise it looks like the early hours of friday morning may be clear so maybe a chance to see Orion, and from midnight of friday onwards looks promising.

The campsite itself is excellent and has very good facilities. And importantly its very dark with no outside light pollution from street lights at all so thanks Mat for finding such a good site.

We've had an absolute monsoon here this afternoon David,hopefully it's not as bad where you are, I'm getting the gear together tonight and set sail in the morning, if you don't mind I'll give you a text before I leave, if the sites a mud bath before I go might postpone until Saturday. Lightweight I know

will be arriving tomorrow at noon yay!!! i think we should start the cloud-gazers web page what ya think? looks great thanks for the pics

.sam :) p)

Have you booked separately Sam or have you took Gaz's place,i need to know because its all booked in my name,dont forget to report to reception and give your pitch number before you enter the site.Sorry about the weather peeps i will be with you Saturday afternoon.Ive been thinking about those pitch lights a black bag and masking tape will be a better option i will bring some with me.The site is very dark David i did a recky there a few weeks ago and i parked at the entrance , i was very surprised how dark the sky is on a clear night,im thinking about arranging another Star party there in February but i may book the field next time,there are better horizons there

It'll be good to see you again Mat it's a great site that you've found. Now we just need someone with a monsoon removing machine...

I'd definitely be up for another party providing I'm still employed!!! :mad:

We've had an absolute monsoon here this afternoon David,hopefully it's not as bad where you are, I'm getting the gear together tonight and set sail in the morning, if you don't mind I'll give you a text before I leave, if the sites a mud bath before I go might postpone until Saturday. Lightweight I know

I would try and get up here friday Steve because friday night looks like it might be clear.

As for right now I'm at that point where I'm crossing fingers and toes that the tent holds out the monsoon. I fear the battle is at tipping point right now...........

tich, I've got the heater trained on the water pooling in the porch area trying to dry it up. Problem is I think its just evaporating, hitting the roof and then dripping back to the floor!! I'll probably short out soon. Question is will my scope get wetter leaving it where it is in the tent or risk the 10m transfer into the car boot?

Well if its any consolation the worst is coming to an end guys...hope to catch up tomorrow,if anyone's in the mood for it would appreciate a hand with the tent,it'll be pretty obvious pretty quickly who the tent virgin is as soon as its on the ground lol

Yup I can confirm after looking out of the caravan door that there is a few twinkly shiney things in the sky on view. Unfortunately I haven't set the scope up so I'm going to do a spot of observing with my bins. Best wrap myself up now then!!!!!

Archived