Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did you see the show?

stolenfeather

I haven't, I'm not all that good with my pics to be honest, and even worse with the processing!

But thank you, I was glad I caught it. There was a lot of cloud wafting around so many of my pics arent all that anyway.

I checked to make sure it wasnt on any other sub, so defo not a satellite :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out just after midnight. It was surprisingly clear here in Mid Wales but I didn’t see any Lyrid meteors. I was not really concentrating towards the east. I was more concerned with Saturn. Really good view to the South and I got my first chance to see it in my binoviewer. Well worth the wait. Good view iof the rings and one moon. I assume Titan. It was cold so I gave up at 1.30.

Well done on capturing one. I like the image.

Seeing here was something of a curate's egg last night. Mars was wobbly as anything, but Saturn seemed to be very sharp despite its low position in the sky. I'll get to processing the data when I've finished catching up with the veggie plot.

James

Me, the missus and 2 friends went up into the hills between Llangollen and Glyn Ceiriog. Very little light pollution and no clouds at all. Between 10:30 and 1:30 we must have seen about 15/20 shooting stars with about 3/4 being bright orange with massive trails. Venus looked amazing, mars very red and a good view of saturn too. My 2 friends haven't been out star gazing before and loved it. We only had the bino's but they can't wait to look through the scope

it was clear and moonless, good seeing here in Bristol. However not a great show. I set up my chair focussed on Hercules region and observed from 11.00 pm to 01.30 am pretty continuously. Counted 9. Most were as bright as stars in the Plough. No colour. No fireballs. thanks goodness for mp3's...

Nice job on that shot! I went with a mate to the New Forest at midnight until 2.00, not a cloud in the sky, on the whole it was a good night we saw around 20 - 25 and possibly half a dozen of those were really really good, 2 satellites and just after 9.00 the space station zipped across (which I'd never seen before).

Nice job on that shot! I went with a mate to the New Forest at midnight until 2.00, not a cloud in the sky, on the whole it was a good night we saw around 20 - 25 and possibly half a dozen of those were really really good, 2 satellites and just after 9.00 the space station zipped across (which I'd never seen before).

Surweet!! Sounds like a cracker for you then. Any pics?

Surweet!! Sounds like a cracker for you then. Any pics?

It was :D Afraid not, I'm still new to this and only have a pair of bins, I'll need to read up and get some gear before the next shower and I'm looking forward to that!!

Nice image Sanmatt!

I was out for half an hour around 00:30 to 01:00 Sunday morning and saw one in the North travelling East-West so probably a Lyrid. Nothing doing last night due to wall to wall cloud.

From wikepedia:

During the 2012 shower a bolide and sonic boom rattled buildings in California and Nevada around 8AM PDT 22 April 2012.[6] The bolide air burst was likely a random unrelated meteoroid and not a member of the Lyrids shower.

That would've been good to see/hear :D

Yeah - nice pic. I went out on Saturday night and saw nothing. Also, I nearly lost the xsara picasso which started to roll off without me as I hadn't put the handbrake on properly in my haste to get out and see the spectacular meteor shower! Had to run down the road and jump in to get it stopped.

Archived