Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 - First Light with the ATiK 16IC

Helen

Finally managed to get the ATiK out for test - I'll write a first light report later...

But here is the first product: M13

NS8 GPS Alt Az unguided - Celestron 3.3 FR - IR block filter - 20x30 sec - 18 stacked in deepsky stacker - quick and dirty processing in elements (only levels and sharpened)

image.jpg

Help and guidance welcome as always :(

Helen

Move over Roger eh Helen, well thats a cracker ,first light and all , what can i say Helen , go get yourself a big drink, well done , super to the core, good processing, NOW go for it 45 secs on Hmmmm , ok got it , IC 5146 the COCOON nebula , nicely placed in the east, this is a nice one to practise on, you should get a very good one with that set up.

well done once again .

!!thinks" just knew this gal had the talent .

Rog :)

but you do need an HA filter :(

Thanks everyone. I was quite pleased :( Seemed to be a good target given the moon... Got M27, M57 and Andromeda (but don't hold your breath on that one!) yet to process. Took some 45 sec exposures on those... so now off to see what I've got...

Tonight is looking good too and I'd really like to consolidate, but it was rather late last night and I don't know how long my stamina will last!

Helen

PS HA filter next on the list Rog!

There isn't much anyone could say that would improve that shot Helen. It is a superb capture, and you have made a good choice with the Atik.

I almost went for one of those myself, but I opted for a SX MX916 Mono. If I can get anywhere near your performance I will be more than Happy. Anyway, your show, and a good one it is. Good luck with the other images, although I don't think you need luck, It is your own skill that does it.

Ron. :(

Up and running now Helen, great result. There is a curves plug in for Elements. http://free.pages.at/easyfilter/curves.html

Using curves and levels together helps a lot - have a look at the primer here http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?topic=10082.0 Sorry the screen shots are missing at the mo. I will get round to restoring them

Archived