Hi guys, would love some help!

Mattyl

Hi, im new to all this as you can probably see and tell.I have been given a adler wildnis telescope and was wondering if i would be able to do some good shots of the moon with my canon 550d attached to it? The only snag is that i cant seem to take the eye piece off the telescope, is there any bit of kit i can get to go over it instead??

Thanks

Hi, is this a spotting scope and if so does it have a tripod with it? If it is a spotting scope it is designed for terrestrial use, and as such, I don't think the eyepiece is removable. Someone else on the forum may know more. Good luck.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Did a quick google and reckon that you might have this spotter scope, if so, it does look like the eyepiece is an integral part of the scope and therefore can't be detached. In order for you to take some photos, you will some sort of bracket that can be attached to the scope whilst supporting the camera as it rests up against the eyepiece. Had a quick look around and saw this but I have no idea how suitable it might be for your paticular scope as I don't have the dimensions. You might want to take a look at this list of attachments to give you some idea of what is out there along with the prices - some of it isn't cheap. Hope that helps.

Clear skies

James

Archived