Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I tunes u - astronomy course

steve_bham

Do I have to buy a £400 apple device of some kind to use this free course or can I run it on my PC?

Just download iTunes and you can get it through there and listen on your pc. There are some great courses on there!

You can run it on a PC.I have it on my Iphone too.Found it fascinating and learnt a lot about the physics side too.There are several,the Yale one was really good. Brilliant for free :-)

You can run it on a PC.I have it on my Iphone too.Found it fascinating and learnt a lot about the physics side too.There are several,the Yale one was really good. Brilliant for free :-)

Agree about the Yale one, it's the one I'm working through at moment.

Has anyone else had a look at the free basic astronomy course on I tunes u?

I've just downloaded one and looks pretty good for a free one.

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

That said, it's probably just me but I find the I tunes software/store almost impossible to navigate.

I found the astro' stuff but have no idea how to d/l it?

I managed to d/l something a while back but that was an accident, I've no idea how I did it?:)

John

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

That said, it's probably just me but I find the I tunes software/store almost impossible to navigate.

I found the astro' stuff but have no idea how to d/l it?

I managed to d/l something a while back but that was an accident, I've no idea how I did it?:)

John

On the iPad you just click subscribe to the course. Not sure if that will be the same on iTunes. But should be pretty easy to search and click the one you want to download. HTH

Downloaded stuff last night, the yale stuff wanted a credit card so that's a no go, the open university stuff wants an ipad, iphone or ipod so they are useless too. the only thing I got was a 10min video.

Looking at most of the OU stuff I think its the same stuff that's available for free on their web site.

Downloaded stuff last night, the yale stuff wanted a credit card so that's a no go, the open university stuff wants an ipad, iphone or ipod so they are useless too. the only thing I got was a 10min video.

Looking at most of the OU stuff I think its the same stuff that's available for free on their web site.

I've got the Yale and hacc course and didn't ask for credit card, unless it's because it's linked to my iTunes account, but it's def free.

I think you need to create an Apple account - which requires a credit card for when you buy things via iTunes...

But of course, if you are only downloading free stuff, there are no charges ..

Yep! But if there was a way I could assimilate information in my sleep.......

Sleeping with the book under the pillow is ment to work! I wonder if sleeping with the iPad or laptop under the pillow could be a bit uncomfy.

As OU courses I am currently doing an open honors degree with them - science and environment - am desperately trying to not look at any more courses (especially astronomy ones) until I've done my current course exam in June. So tempting to distract myself, but no no no I mustn't :)

Archived