Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 in colour

centroid

At long last (several weeks) I was able to get out and use the obs last night. I'd almost forgotten how to use it :?

Didn't start until after midnight, and eventually got to bed at 02.00.

Did a 'fine tune' on the collimation, after having previously installed 'Bob's Knobs'. BTW, it was pretty close, following the daylight setup I described in a earlier 'post'.

So as to 'ease' myself gently back into it, I picked an easy 'target', M27.

Not the best of 'seeing', and with the odd bit of small 'puffy' cloud drifting through, but it was just so nice to be out there.

10" LX200GPS, F3.3 Foc Red, SXVF-H9C, 1x1, and 10x3 min frames 'stacked' (averaged) in AA4.

Dave

post-13389-133877329496_thumb.jpg

Well, Dave, you haven't lost your touch - that is a beautiful image. I awoke in the middle of the night to see that the stars were out and the horrendous clouds had gone but having been asleep for about three hours, it would have needed something extraordinary to have me out and setting up then! Delighted that you made use of the opportunity - there are precious few of those at the moment!

You'll need to score a few more 'Brownie Points' Trevor, and then your wife might let you have some 'new toys' :lol:

In my case, buying 'new toys', is known as 'SKIing', aka 'Spending Kids Inheritence', and trying to ensure that the Chancellor gets '****** all' when me and the missus 'pop our clogs'.

Steve

I don't think I would have found the enthusiasm, to get out of bed either :D

Dave

Archived