Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bingo

Bingo

Hi everyone, just thought i'd poke my head round the door and say hello. I have had a life long interest in stargazing, had a few small refractor scopes when I was younger but have been using just the naked eye or binoculars of late. I have thought many a time of getting a decent scope and finally took the plunge the other day so I am about to become the proud owner of a Skymax 127 on the eq3-2 mount...anticipation doesn't half make time stretch so here's hoping for clear skies when it arrives tomorrow.:D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone and thanks for all the warm welcomes, just thought i'd add to my first post and let you all know that the scope turned up today, and is now set up and ready for my first viewing, but as most of the guys in the UK will know we have quite a good cloud cover at the moment ,I guess it's just something i'll have to get used to, still it will give me a little more time to study the things I hope to see and more importantly how to find them.

Hi all i know this will sound newbie-ish, but as a newbie i guess it's ok to ask. would someone tell me what a first light report is? having been asked to post one by Toxolight.

Archived