Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky at Night magazine

Mansnake

i usually read better on paper anyways- too many distractions online :)

haha, very true Richbyers! very true indeed.

Such as how I should be preparing my speech for class on the Voyager space probes, and instead I am exploring the stargazer's lounge!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha, very true Richbyers! very true indeed.

Such as how I should be preparing my speech for class on the Voyager space probes, and instead I am exploring the stargazer's lounge!

see? we're all too fascinating on here, thats why :)

yeah i found a 6 month subscription for 20 quid as well, just thought there could be cheaper places, guess not though. Is it a good enough read for me to dedicate to a subscription straight away or should i buy one first and decide if i like it?

thanks

well my *opinion* is that it is rather beginner aimed, and it has quite alot of advert pages, i prefer Astronomy now magazine which has more complex articles, quite a few on elements of astro physics that would probablly baffle a beginner..(but still isnt 'too' heavy)..depends what type you're after?

I'm still searching ! i can't find it nowhere ! ill probably have another look in WHSmiths this weekend.

*light bulb moment !*

My mum works right near sainsbury's.......'Mum you know i love you right ??.....' :)

yeah i found a 6 month subscription for 20 quid as well, just thought there could be cheaper places, guess not though. Is it a good enough read for me to dedicate to a subscription straight away or should i buy one first and decide if i like it?

thanks

How do we determine if it's a good read for you?? :)

Best you buy a few issues then decide if you want to subscribe

Astronomy Now is a better mag IMHO.

To be honest.....you dont need astro mags. You can find everything online for free.

Whilst agreeing with this, one advantage with a magazine is during visits to the little boys room, and whilst having a soak.

Tried a laptop once and it is not the same, and expensive if you drop it in the bath.

Personally I don't buy any magazines now and prefer books either bought or from my local library.

Paul

Well popped into asda after work for some toiletries and i thought ill have a quick look in the mag section just incase and BEHOLD!! there was Sky at Night staring at me!

Just finished reading it and i thoroughly enjoyed it !

I shall be getting a subscription.

personally with the state of the magazine industry im surprised there's even room for more than one,

Completely agree. Magazines sales have plummeted over the last couple years, I'm surprised there isn't any digital astronomy magazines?

Archived