Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Member - Hello

Rabid Chihuahua

Hello all. I've just taken the plunge and bought a refractor, which is en route as we speak. I've always been fascinated with the sky and last week with the good weather, Jupiter, Venus and Mars were looking resplendent and that tipped the balance. With the birthday approaching, I convinced Das Frau to fork out £200 on a new toy for me. I'm a complete newbie but looking forward to learning / seeing more and participation on the forum. ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum. To compliment the arrival of your new scope, you might want to download a free bit of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you view here. It's easy to use and can be configured from your observing location and has lots of other useful features including advance date/time feature which can help you plan what to see and when.

Clear skies for now

James

Hi and welcome to the forum. To compliment the arrival of your new scope, you might want to download a free bit of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you view here. It's easy to use and can be configured from your observing location and has lots of other useful features including advance date/time feature which can help you plan what to see and when.

Clear skies for now

James

Cheers, James. Will do.

And thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Archived