Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

extremelly deep image of hickson 44

sergeC14

hello everyone,

I spent 36x100 sec subs (6 hours) imaging hickson 44 with the C14 EdgeHD with the fullframe Atik11000-CM OSC camera. I am quite pleased with the result as it is very deep:

hickson44s.jpg

on the full sized image, one can see literally 1000's of faint galaxies in the background... I am not sure of limit magnitude, but I suspect it to be very high.

full size here:http://www.sergepetiot.com/wp-content/gallery/various/hickson44.jpg

Comments welcomed

Rgds

Serge

You´ve got some slight errors on your tracking with those star shapes but I assume that this is on the C14 at 2800mm?

Very nice image and the large version is fantastic! I´ll have another look after work and count the fuzzies :-D

ncjunk,

2800 mm? I wish!!!:(

it's 3980 mm (F/D 11) so yes, the slightest P.E on the wormscrew, not being instantaniously corrected (guider using 4 sec exposures) will cause some very slight guiding error.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Serge

Ainsley,

Hickson 44 is "only" 60 millions light years away. It's practically next door...;)

Thank you all for your very kind comments. I also did Hickson 57 but it is less impressive by nature. May be I'll post it as well.

Rgds

Serge

ncjunk,

2800 mm? I wish!!!;)

it's 3980 mm (F/D 11) so yes, the slightest P.E on the wormscrew, not being instantaniously corrected (guider using 4 sec exposures) will cause some very slight guiding error.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Serge

3980???! Forget that for a game of soldiers :)

Thats the only polite way of putting it i can think of.

In which case great image!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

Archived