Newbie!

adamroutley

Complete newcomer to the world of star-gazing! always been fascinated with astronomy and our world and have finally got around to buying my first scope!

Celestron 130 astromaster motor-driven

As the moon isn't available at the moment, I only really have Jupiter that I can pick out! but I'm amazed at those!!

Anywho! Nice to meet you all!!

Adam! :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Adam,

Welcome to SGL...

You could give Mars a shot...fairly easy to pick out at the moment, quite bright and very obviously red/orange in colour....

Thanks for the lovely welcome guys!

Had it out last night for the first ever time using a telescope and managed to kind of align my finder-scope and picked out Jupiter/Venus (whichever one is brightest at the moment) and found Mars.

Having spent a while out last night I have realized I need some kind of magnification as they still just look like dots! Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated as I'm still quite clueless at the moment :)

As a side note..I'm amazed how cold the telescope gets! I have read you need to cool them down etc..but why do they get so cold?

Archived