Greetings from Gloucestershire

Moomin_Pappa

Hi to you all in SGL!

I'm Chris, 26, living in the Cheltenham area. I started taking up astronomy properly last Autumn, and have been browsing the brilliant SGL site for months, with it helping guide me through my decisions on kit and what to expect. I enjoy some observing, but I’m primarily interested in imaging, and so after some saving I picked up an HEQ5 and 80ED last November, and added a ST80 for guiding - all of which I’m really enjoying as my AP improves. While my sub-urban sky isn't that badly light polluted, I’ll be looking to lug the setup to some dark sky spots in the near future, and back down to the family home in Cornwall.

Excuse the rather blurry image of my setup, now with neater cabling, camera cables and EQDIR project boxed onto the mount..

For a little more reach while planets are plentiful, I picked up a Skymax 127 on Thursday and it's currently sitting outside in the hope the clouds that appeared since sunset will part for its first light. I thought it was about time to sign up to contribute to the SGL community, and what better use of the time while I wait :)

Thanks,

Chris

post-34483-133877745095_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived