NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first light

dean w

just got my first scope set up and had a look at the moon wow wow wow why didnt i buy one sooner absolutly amazing now i now why you all sit out in the cold if thats just the start bring on the frost bit cant wait for tomorrow to have anouther look to see what else i can see

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dean and congratulations on your observations. The moon is an amazing object to look at and I am personally never bored with what I find as I explore the surface throughout its many phases. Looking along the terminator reveals so much information.

Keep it going, there is plenty more to see be it planets or deep sky objects.

Clear skies

James

Hi Dean and a warm welcome to SGL. The moon is always the best place to start astronomy. Now is also a good time to see more of the Solar System with Jupiter, Venus and Mercury early in the evening. Followed by Mars and then Saturn a bit later on.

Hi Dean

A warm welcome to the SGL, Congratulations on your new scope and what wonders you have yet to see,you didn't say what scope you got ?

Doug

hi i have got a sky watcher explorer 130p

Archived