Hi everyone....please help before I return my new telescope

Obi Wan

Hi everyone,

Having decided that using the force wasn't getting us very far we havetaken the plunge and bought our very first telescope !!! We are using this forum as when we were choosing our first telescope there was lots of good advice.....long may this continue. We finally settled on a Skywatcher explorer 130m ( which has been fun setting up ...not !!! ) We rather niavely thought how hard can this be to put it onto a tripod and look at the moon ..... ha ha how wrong can you be sometimes :)

We have now encountered the next slight problem that someone can hopefully help us with ???? how do you actually store your telescope when you are not using it ? can you purchase carry bags etc ???

Any other useful suggestions will be gratefully received.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 children under 10 and an extremely excitable 12 month old cocker spaniel puppy would probably negate that possibility, but thanks anyway lol.

You can always put the dog and children in the cupboard under the stairs, the scope will be safe then :)

Hi and welcome!

I keep my Celestron in its original boxes in the spare room, and my refractor sits on its mount in the living room - looks lovely there, but Mrs Marki is less than impressed. Mind you she loves looking at the moon with it, so I guess she's not that annoyed :).

Thank you all for your suggestions.....don't know if we will get away with putting the dog and kids under the stairs and keeping the telescope out but depending on how our first nights family stargazing pans out it might yet be an option :)

Looks like our dining room has got a new feature !!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions.....don't know if we will get away with putting the dog and kids under the stairs and keeping the telescope out but depending on how our first nights family stargazing pans out it might yet be an option :)

Looks like our dining room has got a new feature !!!!

Maybe you now have more than a good reason to start building an obsy in the garden :(

Archived