wife wants me to sell the scope

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cook and my shirts do not need ironing :(

ohhh In my house I do the ironing - ex Military ya see, no one else does it right except for me! :)

edit - anyway fellas I borrowed your giant backbone for a moment and emailed the old man and told him straight 'I'm buying a new EP, I've decided on the BST 8mm for about £40" . Not even an argument from him, I got a 'is that the best one? I can go halves with you'...so should I open negotiations for a sexy Televue Nagler do we think? I might have to cook and clean dressed as a stripper to bag one of those babies, but it's probably worth it.

You could sit and watch tv with her for 3 or 4 nights change channel bit get in the way.she will soon kick you into garden.or do as I do buy her shoes now and again chockies work or just pay her to go out with friends for a drink.

Or you could be really imaginative ;P...go and make a scrapbook on your best holiday, start right from when you left the house right till you got home. Tickets, receipts, google maps, flights the lot. I nearly died when I was presented with an A3 scrapbook of our trip to Canada.

Sigh, wish I'd had this hobby then, I bet the views would have been amazing.

such as: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/sandrarichards/DSC_3634.jpg and http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/sandrarichards/DSC_3630.jpg

Flowers and chocs are bvery nice...but imagination gets you proper lovin' :)

We're the same. I might bake a fabby Victoria strawberry and cream cake - cos I want a new EP... The way to a man's heart is through his stomach right?

Wish my other half would make nice cakes and then buy asto gear. Do you brew beer too?

Tell her to get wrapped up and join you outside - it's fun, and it's something you can do together. And if you have to sell the scope it means you'll be demanding sex more to compensate.

I must admit I am getting fed up of asking my husband to get wrapped up and come outside with me. "You bought the effing thng, at least come outside and use it with me" is a frequent utterance in my household. I might sell it, buy shoes and demand more sex to compensate.

sounds like you need a new, old man, one thats into stargazing and sex lol

Well, the simple answer is that I use the bad weather as an excuse not to have sex as well, i need to rub the dust off my scope, can take weeks sometimes.

:(:lol::p yeah, its far less complicated to just rub your own :)

The most suprising thing in this thread is to learn that Marillion are still touring!

Good lord yes. Ever since Fish left in 89, Steve Hogarth became their front man (in 90 ish) and they have an even bigger fan base now, still the old Fish-heads follow them but also a lot of H fans do. They still record and tour ALL the time. I saw them probably 14 times last year, in 3 countries lol. Theyve just announced a new world tour also.

Hell Marillion very very much still pleasing ears!!

The first album after Fish left was 'Seasons End' btw, well worth a listen if you havent for a while. Marillion – Seasons End

Oh for sure I do. It's all his fault anyway, he bought this gear in the first place. :) I just wish he'd get excited with me and come out with me, or come with me to a dark site.

/ Starts to say something and stops after thinking better of it.........

Unfortunately my wife has no interest in astronomy however her taste in shoes is just as expensive as my taste in eyepieces :)

With my wife its Radley Handbags.I buy a new lens or scope,she gets a £200 handbag although i did say that seeing she got a new Focus Titanium last year that maybe i was due several new lenses and probably a camera as well..................cant print the reply:D

Good lord yes. Ever since Fish left in 89, Steve Hogarth became their front man (in 90 ish) and they have an even bigger fan base now, still the old Fish-heads follow them but also a lot of H fans do. They still record and tour ALL the time. I saw them probably 14 times last year, in 3 countries lol. Theyve just announced a new world tour also.

Hell Marillion very very much still pleasing ears!!

The first album after Fish left was 'Seasons End' btw, well worth a listen if you havent for a while. Marillion – Seasons End

Fish once let me ahead of him in the que at Tesco's in Haddington because I had a basket and he had a trolly. He is a confirmed top bloke.

Fish once let me ahead of him in the que at Tesco's in Haddington because I had a basket and he had a trolly. He is a confirmed top bloke.

How nice of him!!

Did you like the old Marillion stuff? Are you going to have a listen to Hogarth's marillion?

Sorry - thought you were badgers!

My 'ex' was a miserable old s-d who moaned about everything I did, whatever I was interested in, or wanted to watch on TV, or read, or talk about. She was only ever 'happy' when I did what she wanted. It took me over 20 years to realise we didn't exactly 'match'.

My new other half of 3 years so far is a diamond (as well as being 15 years younger than me - God, it's tiring at times!!!).

She encourages all of my daft hobbies and interests - I'm 57 and she's bought me 100's of pounds worth of plastic and die cast model cars (my other vice), a huge digital Scalextric set, a Limited edition Hank Marvin 'Burns Marvin' guitar - nearly £1000 alone - and almost forced me under threats to treat myself to my dream car - a Jaguar XK8 Silverstone. I wouldn't part with her for all the telescopes in the world. (She was with me and helped me choose my SW 130 Goto.)

She doesn't mind at all when I stand and freeze my feet (and other bits) off and peer at fuzzy smudges in the sky, and when I actually find a good object, she comes and has a peep. I'm NOT a chauvinist, and I treat her likewise in return. It works.

My advice???

I'll give you one guess.....

Roy.

Archived