Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wife wants me to sell the scope

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, it gets worse in the height of summer when you have to wait till midnight for the sky to get dark then one hour later its getting light again. This hobby is like mountaineering, you get the best from it in winter, frozen stiff and at one with the world.

It gets dark at midnight in the summer??:(:)

I'm one of those dream girls too, according to my chap. And he treats me accordingly. It works :) When you meet the right person and you match perfectly then you should hold on to that person forever. And go outside with them to look at the sky when theyve asked you!

I got him a signed gold disc from marillion one year - he was over the moon :( Then a son the following year, and now I cant top that!

I might have to cook and clean dressed as a stripper to bag one of those babies, but it's probably worth it.

I'd buy you a nagler for that :(

My 'ex' was a miserable old s-d who moaned about everything I did, whatever I was interested in, or wanted to watch on TV, or read, or talk about. She was only ever 'happy' when I did what she wanted. It took me over 20 years to realise we didn't exactly 'match'.

My new other half of 3 years so far is a diamond (as well as being 15 years younger than me - God, it's tiring at times!!!).

She encourages all of my daft hobbies and interests - I'm 57 and she's bought me 100's of pounds worth of plastic and die cast model cars (my other vice), a huge digital Scalextric set, a Limited edition Hank Marvin 'Burns Marvin' guitar - nearly £1000 alone - and almost forced me under threats to treat myself to my dream car - a Jaguar XK8 Silverstone. I wouldn't part with her for all the telescopes in the world. (She was with me and helped me choose my SW 130 Goto.)

She doesn't mind at all when I stand and freeze my feet (and other bits) off and peer at fuzzy smudges in the sky, and when I actually find a good object, she comes and has a peep. I'm NOT a chauvinist, and I treat her likewise in return. It works.

My advice???

I'll give you one guess.....

Roy.

Just watch out for that skate on the stairs :)

We're the same. I might bake a fabby Victoria strawberry and cream cake - cos I want a new EP... The way to a man's heart is through his stomach right?

Generally, yes, but in most of our cases here, it's through our eyes.

My 'ex' was a miserable old s-d who moaned about everything I did, whatever I was interested in, or wanted to watch on TV, or read, or talk about. She was only ever 'happy' when I did what she wanted. It took me over 20 years to realise we didn't exactly 'match'.

My new other half of 3 years so far is a diamond (as well as being 15 years younger than me - God, it's tiring at times!!!).

She encourages all of my daft hobbies and interests - I'm 57 and she's bought me 100's of pounds worth of plastic and die cast model cars (my other vice), a huge digital Scalextric set, a Limited edition Hank Marvin 'Burns Marvin' guitar - nearly £1000 alone - and almost forced me under threats to treat myself to my dream car - a Jaguar XK8 Silverstone. I wouldn't part with her for all the telescopes in the world. (She was with me and helped me choose my SW 130 Goto.)

She doesn't mind at all when I stand and freeze my feet (and other bits) off and peer at fuzzy smudges in the sky, and when I actually find a good object, she comes and has a peep. I'm NOT a chauvinist, and I treat her likewise in return. It works.

My advice???

I'll give you one guess.....

Roy.

Do you live in constant fear that you will wake up from this dream?

blumming hell my wife wants me to get a scope so i stop banging on about it day in day out :) God i love my wife she is outstanding to put up with me day in day out:D i will never get her out there observing though as she gets cold in the summer.

I'm trying that with the AstroPhysics 1200.. and the TEC 200.. the Pentax 125SDP.. the Pentax eyepieces, .... and the .. oh hello dear (she's reading it here)

She just laughed as said - "More sex?"

I have yet to buy a scope (due to purchase in 3-4 weeks, 200pds on HEQ5 pro), and the wife is already complaining about the whole idea of getting a scope, but am sure she will find it interesting too when it arrives!! She couldn't help but watch Stargazing Live!

After speaking to a couple of sales guys, patience is needed in astronomy, but hang in there dude! The rewards look amazing.

Archived