Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wife wants me to sell the scope

having spent 3-4 months deciding on a scope (all of which had lovely clear skies) i finally bought 200p eq5 12 days ago and STILL haven't been able to use it. i'm now being blamed for the rubbish weather we've had (washed car syndrome) i know i'm impatient but please give me a break. theres only so many times you can balance,collimate and align a scope before it becomes a tad boring

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 days is a short time. Some months I do not get to observe much, others I have session after session. Wait till you get a chance to have a go at Jupiter, Saturn, or the galaxies in Virgo, then you will definitely want to keep it (the missus too).

The alternative is to use the first-in-first-out principle, and ask yourself, who came first, the scope or the missus.:):evil6:

Tell her to get wrapped up and join you outside - it's fun, and it's something you can do together. And if you have to sell the scope it means you'll be demanding sex more to compensate.

I must admit I am getting fed up of asking my husband to get wrapped up and come outside with me. "You bought the effing thng, at least come outside and use it with me" is a frequent utterance in my household. I might sell it, buy shoes and demand more sex to compensate.

having spent 3-4 months deciding on a scope (all of which had lovely clear skies)

Although you remember them as lovely clear skies, I bet they weren't :)

I was under this bizarre illusion that I'd be out observing most nights when I got my scope... then you realise how little attention you used to pay to the weather at night. :p

Wife or scope?... tough call, you can't sleep with your scope though. (waits to be corrected on this point :()

ROFL! Not going to win any favours with the Wife!

Remember a happy wife is a happy life :p

This is so true. Keep us little women happy and you can do wtf you want :(

I'm being taken out to dinner tonight*, which means he has probably bought something expensive...

We do know what you're up to you know.

*knowing my luck it'll be a beautiful clear night aswell!! :)

We're the same. I might bake a fabby Victoria strawberry and cream cake - cos I want a new EP... The way to a man's heart is through his stomach right?

Not according to lord Downey of the Assassins' Guild. A place just to the left of the bottom end of the sternum is better. And please ensure the blade is properly sharp :)

I'm new to the hobby as well, (10" Dob in December), and also spent months deciding on a scope...I gotta say, I feel the withdrawal symptoms after just a few nights of clouds!

I even spoke to Jupiter the other evening, from beneath the cloudy sky, lamenting that it looked as if we weren't going to get to "hang out" (again!) that evening. Orion's nebula is the same.

Like friends, I am coming to miss thes familiar nighttime objects.

I think I'm hooked!

Luckily, my wife and teenage kids all enjoy seeing the sights...once I locate everything, that is!

Archived