This weather!

Cant believe this weather, waited allday to try out new skymax 127 on a supatrak mount. Beautiful blue skyies, got set up found Jupiter. Didnt wait for scope to cool down and then looked to the west to see clouds rolling in! Well jupiter looked ok abit fuzzy at 125x could make two bands and four moons. Quick swing round to orions belt found orion nebula and that was it. It aint fair is it?

You're doing better than me. It took me over a week with mine to see M42.

Where are you? It's been totally cloudy for days here... I've been eager to try out a new barlow lens I got, but not had a break in the clouds yet!

I'm hoping to catch Mars tonight, there are some trees in the east so I won't be able to see it until 11'ish. I put the scope out at 6 and pop out for 5 mins at a time because it's so cold.

Same here, lovely all day. Set my scope up an hour ago, went inside to boot up the laptop (wanted to try my first image of Jupiter) and the clouds have now rolled in :(

Think I'll just get drunk ................ again :)

Dont you just love England .................. NOT :p

Well I have just used my scope for the first time since getting it on Thursday and got a lovely view of Jupiter, started looking at a few other things then all hell broke loose indoors and I thought I could feel rain so put it all away. Jupiter was brilliant though, little windy at time but clear enough for a good view of the bands. I am well impressed with the scope :)

Cant believe this weather, waited allday to try out new skymax 127 on a supatrak mount. Beautiful blue skyies, got set up found Jupiter. Didnt wait for scope to cool down and then looked to the west to see clouds rolling in! Well jupiter looked ok abit fuzzy at 125x could make two bands and four moons. Quick swing round to orions belt found orion nebula and that was it. It aint fair is it?

Ironically, that is exactly what I did last night (Saturday) with the same 127 mak scope. Good seeing I think. Had a look at Jupiter and could see a couple of cloud bands too then had a great view of the M42 and managed to look at M44 before the cloud came over and narrowly dodged a brief rain shower. I used the broadband filter for M42 and that made it truly stunning!!!! :)

Archived