Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher AZ EQ6 mount

FLO

Together with the Skywatcher EQ8 we also have news of a new Skywatcher AZ EQ6 dual-load, dual-purpose mount incorporating both Alt-Azimuth & Equatorial GOTO functions.

Features include 'Intelligent astronomic platform' offering star charts driven pointing with a new Synscan Tour graphical handset and a second platform where the counterweight bar can be replaced by a useful second telescope (such as a guidescope). Worldwide AZimuthal and EQuatorial platform for all latitudes that can also be used as a high stability platform for wildlife and landscape observation. It is is 26% lighter than the original EQ6 mount so more portable.

No news yet of a launch date or price but we are expecting it to arrive around the end of this year.

For details of this and other Skywatcher mounts please visit our website.

UPDATE: For a more recent thread with price, specification and an ETA please see HERE

Skywatcher_eq6_alt-az.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the NEQ6 just lost resale value.

That Synscan Tour will probably kill the Vixen Starbook. May be I should sell my SBS before the Synscan Tour become standard for the cheaper mounts.

P.S. According to Skywatcher's website the Synscan Tour comes with an Astrology function ... I'm sure not one else would dare to put something like that in their telescope.

A typo, surely? :icon_salut:

TELESCOPE SUPPLIERS - SKY-WATCHER TELESCOPE

Main Features:

• Identify over 58,000 Celestial Objects and Constellations

• Locate Celestial Objects

• Guided Tour of the Sky

• Astronomy Encyclopedia

• Telescope Mount Control (It is applicable as a hand controller to motorized telescopes from Sky-Watcher, Celestron, and Orion.)

• Astronomy Events Calendar

• Ancient Chinese Astrology, Baqua and Fengshui

• Multimedia and Entertainment Console

• It can be expanded to include additional functions such as games and GPS navigation, as well as Infrared auto wake-up function.

If they put 'Ancient Chinese Astrology', I'd assume it's a typo and what they meant was this also uses anicent Chinese constellations. But 'Baqua and Fengshui' is definitely astrology stuff.

TELESCOPE SUPPLIERS - SKY-WATCHER TELESCOPE

Main Features:

• It can be expanded to include additional functions such as games and GPS navigation, as well as Infrared auto wake-up function.

Games! What like Space Invaders? :icon_salut:. I guess GPS navigation could bring a whole new meaning to driving your mount .... :). Is the wakeup function for the mount or the tired-out, up-all-night amateur astrophotographer? ;)

Archived