Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Skywatcher AZ EQ6 mount

FLO

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye but it's a Meade and everything that comes with that. My thinking is this: is it an improvement over the EQ6? Yes, Are they withdraing the EQ6? No. At the very least the unit will have the same base price but with that electronic thing you're talking £200 0n top at least. The NEQ6 currently retails at £1050.

£1200 is conservative.

You really think that much? 1200? You can get the meade one and a 6" SCT for 1200 quid Meade LX80 AZ/EQ 6" Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope

That looks like a good deal but i'm concerned over the pointing accuracy of 10 arc minutes? The Skywatcher HEQ5 claims 1 arc minute?

Anybody care to offer an opinion on the meade vs the skywatcher?

• 1 month later...
That looks like a good deal but i'm concerned over the pointing accuracy of 10 arc minutes? The Skywatcher HEQ5 claims 1 arc minute?

Anybody care to offer an opinion on the meade vs the skywatcher?

I wouldn't get a Meade, personally.

10' accuracy, not as good as 1' clearly, but the moon is 30' in size and you can normally fit several moons in a FOV... so a 10' accuracy should still put the target within the centre sixth of the fov.

This should be fine I would think.

Ant

any idea if using this mount for imaging will result in field rotation ? assume a latitude offset can be applied and therefore not - but im guessing

Wouldn't you polar align this mount for imaging? After all this is just a GEM that can be operated in Az.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see the board resurrected but really worried about the 'Fengshui'.

What happens if this ancient Chinese philosophy doesn't like where you place the AZ6, does it blow a fuse?

Glad to see the board resurrected but really worried about the 'Fengshui'.

What happens if this ancient Chinese philosophy doesn't like where you place the AZ6, does it blow a fuse?

No, it would just make it cloudy when ever you take your telescope out because your garden is in the spot that simulate the water energy. :grin:

• 3 months later...

Archived