Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello.

Kynaston

I have been interested in astronomy for 65 years and have been an active member of an astronomy society since I retired in 2001. I then bought a small Meade 70mm refractor with the inevitable go-to which, unfortunately, got damaged by somebody rocking the tube when it was locked. Ah, well !!!! I now have a SkyWatcher 1145 reflector, a SkyWatcher 127 SynScan and have just got a SkyWatcher 6" Pro Matsukov Cassegrain, of which I have to get the EQ5 mount motorised.... or shall I leave it as a manual mount, he said?????

Still, that`s me. I look forward to chatting to like minded people on here.

Thanks all for the welcome messages. Faulksy, I have only been an active astronomer for about seven years although it`s a long term interest. I don`t do imaging; I just like observing. Things actually seen with the eye are incredible; I leave it to those whose skills and equipment are better than mine for the images. And JBM1165; are you interested in WW2 aeroplanes, or just the Hurricane? Now, a quick question for somebody. Does anybody know how to remove the objective lens on a Zeiss Telementor 2?? All answers gratefully received. Thanks.

Archived