the waiting is killing me...

Radhinio

Hello

Its Friday evening and I am impatiently waiting for tommorow to dawn. After a year of huge fun learning the basics of astronomy through my celestron 20 x 80 bins ( which I love!) I have taken the plunge and bought my first telescope. My shiny new sky watcher 130p autotrak (hopefully) arrives tommorow. cant wait!

any tips and advice greatly welcome!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi and welcome to sgl and the hobby,yes get out with it and for a few weeks just have a look i would not concern your self to much with try in to look at every thing on one night,has you have some great bins that should not be a prob

Thanks for all the welcoming comments - what a friendly bunch you are! Thanks, It's 8.30 am on Saturday morning and according to the couriers website my scope is 'On delivery'

Stop press!

It's here! Just as I write this. Woo hoo! Now for a cup of coffee and a read of the manual...

I'll keep you posted!

:icon_salut:

Great stuff. My scope, mount etc arrived yesterday but I'm stuck in bed just at the moment. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long to set up as the videos on you tube would seem to suggest! Looks like 3 hours work before you can use it :evil:

Welcome to SGL, I know the feeling I'm waiting for my Celestron 15x70 to arrive, my Boots 8x30 have served me well over the last couple of years but hopefully it will be a big jump in quality. fingers crossed for a few nights of clear sky.

Update: just set the scope up on the mount and have checked everything works as promised. All good so far. Need to check collimation with my Cheshire collimator. Any good tips on how to do this easily during the day most grateful!

Archived