Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings

en51nm

Hi,

My name is Nick, I'm a 26 year old perpetual student (University of Surrey) from Reading. I've recently restarted astronomy, which was a hobby of mine as a kid with my Dad.

I've recently bought a SW 200P, with EQ-5 mount. I've always had a keen interest in film photography and I'm excited about combining these interests, although from what I've heard so far film astro-photography can be somewhat challenging...! However, if life was easy we'd all be very bored!

See you around,

Nick

Hi Nock and welcome to the forum. Astrophotography can be as difficult as you want it to be, it just depends on what you want to do. Generally, moon and planets are straight forward with a webcam. Deep sky objects (DSO's) like galaxies and nebula a bit more involved and the starting point will be the mount. Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) would be an excellent starting point as it is very comprehensive and will help you formulate the correct budget. Imaging has a steep learning curve but none of it is difficult and I am sure well within your capabilities.

Clear skies

James

Archived