Hi folks

sweden

Hi !

Just a quick hello, My name is Mikael and I live in Sweden which is pretty cold at the moment but the upside is of course that it's dark most of the time in the winter :)

I have been interested in astronomy since I was 12 years old or so and I have had a number of smaller telescopes in the past but only smaller refractors (60-70mm) and most of them pretty cheap, anyway I have passed 40 now so I thought it would be a good time to get a decent telescope also (the kids are coming to an age where they show some interest for astronomy also) so I have ordered myself a GSO 8" dob and a Rigel Quik Finder, sorry if I am messing up the weather for anyone...

Anyway, I am sure I will throw in one or two questions later on.

Mikael

Hi Mikael and welcome to the forum. There's plenty of aperture on your scope to help you resolve lots of detail and is certainly a very popular size of scope here in the uk. I bet you get some good views of the 'northern lights' or what's technically termed aurora borealis and it would seem that it is increasingly being able to be viewed from here now.

Clear skies

James

Archived