NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

David Hinds Great Service.

Trevor

Well I finally took the plunge and ordered a CPC 1100 GPS (XLT) from David Hinds, I put the order in on Monday morning and the scope arrived at 12 today, thanks to Adam for the chat on the phone.

All I can say the scope is BIG !!!!!!!!! VERY BIG!!!!!!!!!!…….. :) :) :shock:

Great Service thank you.

Trevor.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

May i please say how much I enjoyed dealing with David Hinds.

I ordered my Celestron Omni XLT 150 from them and I have been very impressed by their quality of their service, and how fast my order was delivered! I have been asking him thousands of questions which ultimatly lead up to me buying this particular telescope, and may I say that it is one lovely looking beauty!

I have not had a chance to test it yet, due to clouds, but looking outside now, fingers crossed for tonight!!

1792_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I`d also like to chip in here and say a "thank you!" to David Hinds. My Hand Controller on my NS8GPS started having a few issues (the LCD screen was very dim, althiugh the backlight was fine). Despite the best efforts of the Royal Mail to bring the country to a standstill, it got there, was looked at, fixed/replaced, and returned in pretty good time. Also many thankjs to Nikki at DHinds for putting up with my emails about it all the time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Adams a chip off the old block, every bit as friendly and helpful as Dave.

I have to say he's just suprised me with delivery speed,especially since I only ordered it at last knockings yesterday.

In fact it was so quick I'm half tempted to think he sneaked round in the night and posted my dovetail through the door himself.

Thanks for sorting it out Adam, it didnt fit.. but it doe's now :smiley:

I mate took a drill and tap to that old plate of mine and it fits on top nicely now

Adams a chip off the old block, every bit as friendly and helpful as Dave.

I have to say he's just suprised me with delivery speed,especially since I only ordered it at last knockings yesterday.

In fact it was so quick I'm half tempted to think he sneaked round in the night and posted my dovetail through the door himself.

Thanks for sorting it out Adam, it didnt fit.. but it doe's now :smiley:

I mate took a drill and tap to that old plate of mine and it fits on top nicely now

Glad to be of service :evil:

• 2 months later...

I've just bought a C11 from FLO but it obviously came from David Hinds. I managed to break the 'alignment peg' on the CG-5 mount (it's made of really soft metal) and Adam has kindly sent a new one free of charge, after reading my plea for help on SGL.

Top bloke as far as I'm concerned, it restores some of my faith in retailers (Steve at FLO has also gone a long way to do that as well) and made my day!

Now, if I could just find a garage and a builder with the same level of customer service......?! :D

Yup, I've had excellent service from the Hinds family. Wish all businesses were run with the focus on the customer because a. it's good for the customer and b. what's good for the customer will keep them coming back, which is good for business. I'm not a businessman but even I can figure that one out, I wonder why all these highly paid CEO's of crumbling megacorps can't figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that you get a good service from David Hinds Co. Ordered my first scope from them, a Celeston AstroMaster 114EQ, plus a Moon Filter. It arrived very quickly (although needless to say it rained for three weeks afterwards so my first night's viewing was very delayed!). In the meantime I'd put the scope together, tried it out an terrestrial objects - and asked what I thought might be rather silly beginners questions via e-mail of David Hinds and Co, which they answred quickly and with good humour.

Naturally, I will be going back to them.

Brian L

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more with all the positive feedback about David Hinds Limited.

I bought a Celestron from them last weekend which arrived the day after the order was processed. It was very well-packaged and delivered intact. Excellent customer service too. I had a few issues setting up the telescope on its mount - caused entirely by my own stupidity - and they were very prompt in replying, and patient and helpful whilst sorting me out. I know it was a bit like Telescopes-101 for them but nevertheless they were very kind in their explanations and everything was quickly sorted.

As I have just been paid I am going to buy some eyepieces from them this weekend.

Excellent.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Ordered a Hyperion eyepiece and T adaptor on the web Tuesday night, arrived in the post yesterday, excellent service, no postage charge so actually ends up cheaper than a lot of the competition. First time transaction but will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you DH.

Brendan

I concur. I have ordered numerous items from David Hinds and they are quick, friendly and responsive. Recent purchases have been an 8mm Hyperion, Baader red dot finder and Celestron dew shield to go with my new Celestron C9.25 OTA purchased through FLO. I can recommend Hinds.

Brinders

Archived