Just signed up.....Hello

LndnEgg

About 5 months ago, I was looking at the Moon with some Bino's, then I randomly moved to a nearby 'star'.....I couldn't believe what I thought I could see so I propped myself on something to steady the bins and sure enough...there were other tiny 'stars' next to it.....well to you lot (and me now of course lol) that was obviously Jupiter, I was instantly hooked and annoyed that I had never taken much notice before.

I borrowed a friends 70mm 'Science Museum' scope that was, well let's just say awkward! After a bit of practice I was getting great views of Jupiter, with banding and it's moons and managed a brief look at Saturn at silly O'clock one morning, rings were barely visible though, just tiny extensions of light popping out from each side of the planet.

Anyways... 6 months in, I have a Skywatcher 130P/650, basic 10+25mm EP's, moon filter, light pollution filter, and a couple of books. Came with an amazing free gift of the most light polluted back garden in the world! (which I never noticed until recently lol). A Barlow, 9mm Plossl and couple of filters are on their way. I am chuffed to bits with my scope and havent stopped learning since I got it [note to self: should have listened in Science]. I have just come in from looking at Saturn and still truly amazed by it. Cant wait for the Barlow to arrive!!!

So in amongst much raking around on the net and posting questions etc, I kept bumping into you lot, so thanks all for the help and advice you have been unknowingly giving me, much appreciated. Well you seem like a friendly bunch and thought it was about time I registered. I'm Ed from London by the way. :D

Archived