NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello From Oldham/Manchester

BigBadAlbert

hey everybody, im new to this site and just getting back into astronomy again after a few years, i used to just look from a telescope in my back garden then ended up seling it which i now regret.

could anybody give me any info on best places to go in the area if people are from around here, or is there like groups or groups of people that meet up etc?

anyway be good to here from everyone thanks :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there and welcome. I hear a lot of good things about First light Optics I when I have ordered from them they have been good.

If you are wanting to go to somewhere to have a look then there is Opticstar in Sale which shouldnt be too far for you. They were very good when I went to get my set up.

Hi Albert...& welcome to the forum

as Gemma says...Opticstar are near you...

Loads of Observing-Groups & some astro-clubs have open public evenings on this week & weekend in association with the BBC Stargazing series...find a local one, pop along have a look... & ask loads of questions

Hello I am a newbie too I would of started a new topic but that is just a waste of space

My gf (kym) and i are also from Oldham, 22 n my gf (Kym) got me my first scope at Christmas n we have tried to use it every day. (even cloudy days)

Where is the best place in Oldham to see the stars as my back garden is quite lite so I think I am missing a lot of stars that I should be able to see so any ideas of good sights I could go to would be ace?

I have heard that the moors is quite good but is it safe

Thanks

Archived