Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking like a good night

Uranium235

I've just been out to have a quick peek at Venus and Jupiter as the sun was setting. Just took a 12mm ep in my pocket and decided I could be satisfied with that until later.

For the first time in ages the seeing looks reasonably steady, especially compared to a couple of nights ago when Jupiter was swimming all over the place despite the sky being clear.

I don't know how other people in west Somerset or north Devon have found it over the last few months (well, since the Spring, if I'm honest), but here the opportunities for getting out have been exceptionally rare and ones when the seeing has been good fewer still. Yes, I could have taken more opportunities than I have, but frankly if it's going to a case of sitting looking at something that is barely possible to focus on I'm a lot happier admitting that tonight isn't the night, avoiding the frustration and going to do something else.

James

Hehehehehe, clear skies, maybe, just maybe I'll tick off M31 tonight. I've managed to find the Orion Nebula with ease on the last 3 nights but M31 has eluded me. Its high in the sky, good seeing reported and the moon not made its appearance yet. Time to find my warm coat. See ya, I'm off to the garden. :icon_scratch:

Yep, looks promising. I just wish I had a dark sky site I could go to easily - I've not yet sorted out a portable power supply since my Maplin jump starter thing died from neglect a few years ago. I guess I could just head out onto the North Downs with an unmotorised mount and take in the sights with the little scope.

Skies were looking promising all day in S Wales, got home, dragged everything outside,

and yes, you've guessed it.

I think I'll spend the rest of the night in the shed looking for the Higgs B

I'll have more chance (:icon_scratch:(

It certainly is looking good for tonight, the skies are the clearest that I've seen them for a good long while. I guess that it is thanks to this high pressure systems that will be with us over the weekend bringing up cold and clear skies (hopefully). So far this evening I have a just a quick peek at Venus and Jupiter with the dob on the front garden.

Have a look for the bodes, theyre getting into a good position now :D

Its clear enough to have a go at grabbing some dark dust before I move on to the Monkey head, and then finishing off with the Rosette. Should be an interesting evening :icon_scratch:

No clouds here in Manchester (fingers crossed it stays like this) I'm going to go out back a bit later on and try and grab an hour or so, Ive also heard that my moon filter can help to cut out some of the street lights in my open back garden.

Skies were looking promising all day in S Wales, got home, dragged everything outside,

and yes, you've guessed it.

I think I'll spend the rest of the night in the shed looking for the Higgs B

I'll have more chance (:)(

I take it all back!

just had couple of hours 'ut back. lovely lovely lovely skys

just come in for a warm n food (woouse)

Archived