Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from the other side of the pond

wainscottbl

I have been registered at this forum for a while but was inactive so I figured I would reintroduce myself since I hope to be active, wantiing to get back into star gazing. And though I am an American, I hope you Brits will accept me nevertheless. Besides, I must confess I am quite an Anglophile, like T.S. Eliot. Though American, I am both a monarchist and would love to live in England and write poetry. And who knows--I might do that one day. In the meantime I write my poetry on this side of the pond and research my ancestry which is a great hobby of mine because my vanity takes pride in my noble blood, such the famous Tudor rake, Sir Francis Bryan, or Knight of the Garter, John Bourchier. It is also fascinating to simply learn who my ancestors were, where they were born and burried, such as the one I learned of today who ran off with a man, and bore many illegitimate children by her various affairs. I also make videos of my poetry, which perhaps I shall post in the off topic section for anyone's pleasure. And of course I like stargazing because the heavens are beautiful and well, I really cannot express why it is such a pleasure. I am also in the process of writing a novel and have about 40,000 words completed. But I think that's a long enough introduction.

Hi and welcome I am half american on my dads side and traced my family history back online from a site called casto connections also love poetry and stargazing art and music hope you enjoy the forum and wishing you clear skies :(:beer:

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. Being an expat Brit living in France I enjoy bantering with the other Brits on this forum but you, being an American. are not excluded from participating, although some of it is particularly "British". Far from it, we have many nationalities involved here, quite a few of which, do not have English as their first language.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Performed a lot of family research myself with a great many of my ancestors having moved to your great country and also Canada, Australia and South Africa and many others - we're a kind of international virus spreading where we can! :o Started way back with one part of the family having ten children who ALL survived against the odds, who in turn, each went on to have very large families and so on. Also discovered many skeletons in the cupboard along the way, with the latest count meaning we were forced to relocate them all into a spare room! :(:eek: Glad you could come on board with the stargazing, lots to see, lots to learn and of course lots of fun too.

Clear skies (...and contemplations)

James

Archived