Newbie from British Columbia

Lavender Star

Hello everyone. =)

Name's Emily, but let stick with Lavender (Star). I am from British Columbia, Canada. I am fairly new to astronomy in general. I start picking up the interest couple of months ago when I start photograph the night sky with my new camera (Fujifilm HS20EXR) that I got for my birthday and all of the sudden, I was curious what those stars are and realizing I am learning all new info. It's all interesting to me! Look like I am having great interest into astrophotography.

I recently ordered my first binoculars - Celestron Skymaster 15x70. I can't wait... it should arrive later this week or next week. Thought that would be good start to get acquainted with the night sky. I want to have a telescope one day. I joined this forum so I can chat with other people with same interests, and gather advice too. =)

Hope I enjoy my time here!

~Lavender

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL I hope you enjoy your time here as well.

Read posts and ask away if you want to know anything.

If you're interested in photography, you're bound to eventually want to get into Astro-photography, so if you think you might, make sure you get some good advice before buying any kit.

Carole

Hi Lavender and welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, those binos will certainly help develop your biceps as they aren't the lightest and the included mounting tripod bracket isn't that great BUT there are very good performers and I have a pair and would certainly recommend them to anyone. You might want to download a free planetarium program called Stellarium from here as it will help you locate and identify objects that you are going to see. There are some good features on this program that will add to the fun of it all, especially a clock and calendar that you can advance so that you can work out when objects will be appearing and from which direction.

Clear skies

James

Archived