Hello Everyone!

AlbertP

As you can probably tell by my Username, My name is Albert.

I've always had an interest in Astronomy, and my Wife bought me a telescope for Christmas (yes, I am another 1 of those Christmas Stargazers).

At present, I'm just getting used to using the telescope and getting rid of the initial "giddiness" of having my 1st telescope. I will be looking at getting literature (maps, etc) to help me learn the night sky.

Anyway, thanks for reading my introduction and I look forward to conversing with you guys soon. :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Albert and welcome. Which telescope did the good lady buy you?

My lovely Wife (I've only been married since November, so she isn't quite a "ball & chain"... yet ;)) bought me a Jessops TA1100-102 Reflector (tried to provide a link with the spec but Jessops appear to have removed it from their website... not a good sign :)).

I have had a good look through these forums, and saw a couple of posts regarding this telescope (both on SGL and elsewhere) and the general view is that it is a good beginner telescope with rubbish "eye pieces" & useless barlow.

So 1st port of call for me is getting a decent 20mm to begin with whilst I am learning, then perhaps after a couple of months look into getting a couple more perhaps. Any advice on this would be very much appreciated (although without the specs I'm not leaving you very much to deal with).

Will be looking at "upgrading" later on this year to a better telescope (hoping to have a budget of around £300-500 by then.

Again thanks for all the welcome messages!

Archived