Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First Rosette

psemil

I've been working a lot for the picture of this far away nebula.

The data is captured in two nights and total exposure time is 7,5 hours.

It's a lot of data, but is not enough. Right now I hate it so much that I will not add more data to it :p

Setup: Custom Newton 8'', ASA Keller corector, Eq6 Pro, Canon 1000Da, iso 800,TS OAG.

Hope you like it.

Higher resolution image here

rosetta75hsglpera2011.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice :p

I have only one criticism (and it may be that I'm looking at this on a TV) - the picture looks flat. I'll explain myself - looking at the bok globules (the dark tadpoles) the colour behind is very flat. This leaves the observer with no concept of depth.

I think, usually, this is down to the use of histograms to pull out additional data but then flattening the range where the colours sit (so one colour appears rather than a depth gradient). The eye expects a certain range - even if it means loosing some detail- not a bad thing it just means that you have to look at the picture longer to pick out the detail rather than being given the full detail immediately.

I know I'm overly critical of things and I'd be very happy with the amount of data you have! (7hrs on a target.. is very dedicated!)

Archived