Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flexible Dew Shields at First Light Optics

Have just finished adding the Astrozap Flexible Dew Shields to the First Light Optics website.

These premium quality flexible dew shields are in a different league to the regular shiny/black variety normally offered.

* Made of lightweight durable black ABS plastic that will not chip or crack.

* Sewn Velcro strips for quick wrap-around placement onto the corrector plate rim.

* A two-inch rubber trim also wraps around the OTA to prevent slippage.

* lays flat or rolls up for easy storage

* The interior is felt-lined to help absorb moisture and to prevent extraneous light from reaching the optics.

* The exterior is coated with a 'stylish' two-coat star-field finish.

Like the Astrozap Dew Heater Tapes, the Astrozap Flexible Dew Shields are sourced direct from the manufacturer which makes them remarkeably competitive.

Details HERE

Thanks for looking :police:

<edit> SGL discount does apply 8)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, Very interesting. These things (At least, the BC&F Astro-Engineering types) seem functionally unobtainable "anywhere" now. Although made for specific (named) scopes, do you think the design allows for any leeway of fit. I assume the cylinder is effectively held closed via a Velcro strip. I find e.g. a Skymax MAK 127 is ~2mm different in diameter (Or around 6mm in circumference) from an ETX125. Or maybe one could buy a rather BIGGER one, perform a bit of "surgery" and stick on another strip of Velcro. :police:

Steve

Does the Celestron 8" fir the Nexstar 8 GPS, If so I'll definitely be adding one to my wish list for purchase in the near future [funds allowing] but definitely before the cold weather. They look like a real bargin.

Darren

Chris, the Dew-shield for the ETX125/C5 will fit the Skymax 127 without modification. The Velcro strip does allow some leeway.

Darren, my understanding is that yes, it will also fit the Nexstar 8.

A number of these are winging their way across the pond as I type. When they arrive I shall make some tests/enquiries and update the product-selector-list on FLO's website.

Suffice to say, now or in the future, if you buy one and it isn't a good fit - return it for a refund :police:

Forgot to mention, SGL discount does apply 8)

Yes, all the most popular sizes will be arriving 7-10 days.

Astrozap also offer a flexi-heat dew shield with a dew heater built in... I will be listing them, along with the solar filters (using Baader Solar Film) Light shrouds for Lightbridge Truss Dob's and light shield/eyepiece caddy for Coronado PST.

I'll announce them as they appear on the website.

Ah! My mistake.

I haven't set the prices for the shrouds yet but allowing for the exchange rate, Vat, Duty and delivery, we are looking at around £37-40 for a shroud to fit an 8" Lightbridge Dobsonian.

Yes, all the most popular sizes will be arriving 7-10 days.

Astrozap also offer a flexi-heat dew shield with a dew heater built in... I will be listing them, along with the solar filters (using Baader Solar Film) Light shrouds for Lightbridge Truss Dob's and light shield/eyepiece caddy for Coronado PST.

I'll announce them as they appear on the website.

Hi Steve,

What's the likely cost of a 6" with a built in dew heater (to fit a Celestron 6SE) ?

Cheers

Hugh

Found this Helen (12" version)

image.jpg

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone that has one BUT

Whats the point in having a "Truss Dob" then covering it in a shroud???

Why not just have the solid tube?

Archived