NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flexible Dew Shields at First Light Optics

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Hi Steve,

Forgot I posted this but my cardboard dew shield is showing signs of wear and the dew is starting to form in the evenings now....

I haven't seen 6SE specific heated shield but would a regular 6"" work or do they slide further on to the ota, (therefore requiring a cut-out for the ota dovetail?)

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

I've just ordered one of these Astrozap Flexy Dew Shields from Steve, and I have to say that its the most expensive dew shield that I've ever bought, albeit it is coming with a free 12" LX200R ;)

Dave

Well I want a deal like that, but only if I can send the dew shield back under warranty and get a full refund. I would just have to put up with having the 200R getting in my way.

I haven't seen 6SE specific heated shield but would a regular 6"" work or do they slide further on to the ota, (therefore requiring a cut-out for the ota dovetail?)

Hi Hugh,

Astrozap have just introduced a heated dew shield for the Celestron 6 SE and it is in stock (it has a cut-out for the dovetail).

I haven't added it to FLO's site yet but it will retail for £42, less your SGL discount.

Archived