NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Ha

martin_h

Absolutely extraordinary image Martin, I can't wait to see it finished.

Finished! Finished? As far as I'm concerned it is! :) I have to jump through hoops to get this one. Wait an age for it to clear the eastern wall of the obs, Image for 3/4 hour, wait for it to pass neighbours tree, image for another 1/2 hour to meridian, then flip, then wait for cloud to go away!

Those 5 subs took a week to collect! :(

Very tasty, this is on my to-do list :)

Any chance of resolving the trapezium? Some 60s subs would do that nicely

Yeah that caught me out, I'm used to Ha targets being a bit dim...I did some 3 min ones and they were still bright. The 3 min ones are in the core already!

If it stays clear tonight I'll bang a few off.

Darned impressive and, in Ha terms, not a terribly long total exposure (even if you have failed to dynamite certain obstructions out of the way!)

Have you really got all you can out of your Trapezium data in the 3 minute subs? I would suspect that a short stretch layered in would bring a bit more.

I'm looking right now at my 7 hour run at F3.9 and, quite honestly, feeling a bit embarrassed because I'm not sure how much more I have to show for it than you are presenting here...

Olly

Darned impressive and, in Ha terms, not a terribly long total exposure (even if you have failed to dynamite certain obstructions out of the way!)

Have you really got all you can out of your Trapezium data in the 3 minute subs? I would suspect that a short stretch layered in would bring a bit more.

I'm looking right now at my 7 hour run at F3.9 and, quite honestly, feeling a bit embarrassed because I'm not sure how much more I have to show for it than you are presenting here...

Olly

Ahh but I bet you havn't got half as much noise reduction piled in as I have....you wouldn't want to see it at full resolution !!!

Archived