London Hello - the "other" one.

FilmGuy

I'm from London Ontario and was introduced to this site by my friend The Nightfly. I am also a film shooter be it astro or landscape and use the Pentax 67ii with various lenses. I also use a 4x5 Shen Hao XPO for landscape and am experimenting with it for astrophotography.

I have a roll off roof observatory about 1 hour away with mag 6.5 skies at a friends farm. A kitchenette, sleeping quarters and facilities nearby allow extended stays and are preferable to a dog house when required.

My equipment consists of:

Losmandy G11 with Gemini - ST-4 guider - on an 8" steel pier.

Tec 140 - Equinox 80 refractors - Sentinel 80 guide scope on a Skywatcher guider mechanism.

Two Pentax 6x7 cameras mounted on the dup plate + Sentinel.

Lenses - mainly use Pentax 400 EDif - SMC 200 - SMC 165.

I was strictly a visual observer for some years until Jim introduced me to film astrophotography, and has guided me along the proper path of the light. ;)

If you care to see some of my latest efforts, they can be seen here.

A Pilgrim of the Light Photo Gallery by ikkaisei at pbase.com

Click on each thumbnail for a large view, and you can adjust the size at the bottom information with Original being best.

Also on Flickr Flickr: Film Guy's Photostream

I am looking forward to SGL and the exchanges to follow.

igor

Hi Filmguy,

Welcome to The Lounge, great location you have. Checked out some of your great pictures. I wish I had been able to go on the gondola in Banff, they closed everything down as it was -52! :-)...Still allowed for some Molsons relaxation in the town..

Cheers

Archived