Hello everyone from Dracula Country

Raradir

No not Transylvania, But Whitby where the story was penned. Anyway I thought I would join this Amazing forums as it seems to have great folks on it and could be alot of help to me since I'm just starting out. Actually just bought my first telescope online about an hour ago, with living on the North Yorkshire Moors theres hundreds of places that are only a 5 minute drive away that are pitch black and perfect for viewing the night sky. It was actually the other day I was out fishing with two friends at about 7:00 at night and I think we all were looking at the night sky Rather than watching our rods (did catch two fish though). I have always been interested in astronomy since I was little, I actually found a really good Russian telescope on a landfill when I was about 13, and since then I have always wanted to buy another telescope. At school I was always good at science and especially when we got to doing the solar system, although like many my interest faded away when I got into my teenage stages at school. But now with having a steady job I have managed to save up enough over the summer to purchase my first proper telescope, and It took about two days to choose as I did abit of research into what would be the best one for me and in my price range. So I'm happy to be apart of this community and hopefully will learn a thing or two and well I'll probably ask a tonne of questions, so look forward to meeting you all:)

Ah Yes almost forgot, the telescope I bought.......

Skyliner-200P FlexTubeTM AUTO

200mm (8") F/1200 Parabolic Truss-Tube FULLY MOTORISED auto-tracking Dobsonian Telescope

Thanx

Raradir

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived