Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Sweden!

Baffa

Hello everyone!

New guy here from Sweden ;) I have always been interested in astronomy but never really taken the first steps of getting a proper telescope until last week.

I bought a Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT with a Celestron Eyepiece kit from a dealer here in Sweden.

First night out I tried the align function but failed because I entered the wrong location, found out that when I messed around with the thing inside later that night.

But, I could still of course manually move around the telescope and Wow, the moon looked amazing! Such amazing detail! And to my big surprise I realised that "star" was actually Jupiter, I could easily see the bands, I was really Amazed!

The second night I managed to align it properly, worked like a charm and I started to mess around with cameras and snapped a couple of pictures, the moon looked great, everything else not so great but it was still fun :)

I also had a nice view of andromeda, despite the bad seeing, really amazing.

So, how will I go from here, well, I have ordered a flashed philips webcam so I can share the amazing things you can see in the scope. And of course, I hope for a real clear sky so I can see even more!

This is fun :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, weather has been bad. Last night was my first possible for over four weeks!

Hur som helst, välkommen in i astrovärlden!

You really should explore deep sky. That is where the fun is. Me, I don't even bother with eyepieces any more. I did visual the first couple of nights and then the camera ended up on the scopes permanently. This was just one year ago when I restarted astronomy that had been dormant since the mid eighties.

/p

Hi! I'm a foreigner who has recently moved to Sweden, and I was wondering which dealer you got your scope from?

Do you know of any dealers in the Lund/Malmö area?

Thanks (and welcome!) ;)

Hi, i bought it from teleskop-service.se. Not sure where they have their shop as i ordered it online.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Archived