Newbie from Nottingham, UK

CJBooth

Hello,

My name is Craig, I'm 29 years old and live in Nottingham in the UK.

I've recently become angrossed in documentaries about our planet, the solar system and the universe beyond and have decided to look into buying my first real telescope.

I've had a budget scope before, but I was very young and didn't really learn how to use it. I relied on my dad to find objects for me to look at, but being that age I don't remember much beyond.

I've begun reading up on the different types of telescopes available but it's all very daunting and confusing. I'm hoping you might be able to help this confused beginner out with this decision!

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks

Craig

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Craig and welcome to SGL :)

If you're interested we have a local observing group in your area called East Mids Stargazers (EMS). Feel free to drop an intro thread in the group and the folks will say hi and give you more details (just click the link in my signature).

Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome Craig, where abouts in nottingham area are you ?, I'm also notts area, sandiacre aand also a member of the end group, you just missed a great meet last weekend, lots of different scopes to look through, hopefully you can make the meet.

Welcome Craig, where abouts in nottingham area are you ?, I'm also notts area, sandiacre aand also a member of the end group, you just missed a great meet last weekend, lots of different scopes to look through, hopefully you can make the meet.

I'm in Awsworth near Ikea at Junction 26. Not too far from you. :)

I'll be looking to get on one of the meets to come and meet folk, maybe learn something, and have fun. :)

Archived