Hello from Sunny Scunthorpe

Wilkibo

Hi, I'm Mike Wilkins from Scunthorpe and currently off-work due to illness. I own a Skywatcher 200PDS and a Opticstar DS-336C XL camera and am just beginning to get into DSO astrophotography.

I'd just like to ask other Skywatcher SynScan users whether the manual is correct when it states that an illuminated reticle eyepiece producing 300x mag. in conjunction with telescope is necessary for PEC training. The reason I ask this is because the only illuminated eyepieces available online are 12 and 9mm which in direct combination with my telescope give mags. of 83 & 1/3 and 111 & 1/9 respectively. I could of course use my 5x Barlow to achieve the required mag. but I would like to know whether it is necessary.:)

Mike:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Mike

I,m just down the road a couple of miles west of scunny.

Hope to see you at the next N.Lincs astro club meet (see my sig)

Hi there, didn't realise there was a N.Lincs astro club!:) Was it formed quite recently? I have been to Far Ings Visitor Centre twice last year attending Paul Money's talks which was organised by the Wildlife trust.

Archived