Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Im back up and running

peter shah

Ive not done much over the past few month just a bit here and there, the lack on GOTO and the light summer night really put me off doing anything....but the Gemini is back and im all automated once again :) just in time for this clear spell i manage to get one night setting it up and another doing this shot of the Iris....conditions were qute variable with high haze never reall going away, but enough for me to get something.

LRGB 7x 600s in Red &x420s in Green and 8x530s in Blue and 8x900s in Luminance...im a bit rusty but enough spark to reignite the enthusiasm. Ive included a full res crop

thanks for looking

Peter

post-17181-133877671011_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877671019_thumb.jpg

...im a bit rusty...

Not from looking at the image you're not :)

...but enough spark to reignite the enthusiasm.

Excellent, your pictures are always worth a good look (with a certain amount of 'how does he do that?')

James

Many thanks everyone....there has been so many stunning images posted over the past months i need to do some catching up

Different class Peter, that is absolutely superb. What is your sky darkness like?
cheers martin...its pretty dark here regular 5.8 mag on moonless nights and better after the rain. I was imaging in one of the darker parts of my sky, SE is the most LP effected by local villages but still not bad.

....conditions were qute variable with high haze never reall going away, but enough for me to get something.

Peter

Cracking image again Peter- had I known it was possible to get such a picture in the hazy conditions we had I would have got my cameras out and had an imaging session. As it was I took one look at the skies and decided good images were not possible. How wrong I was.

Thanks again everyone

Cracking image again Peter- had I known it was possible to get such a picture in the hazy conditions we had I would have got my cameras out and had an imaging session. As it was I took one look at the skies and decided good images were not possible. How wrong I was.
I probably wouldnt have bothered myself but its been so long and i wanted to give the gemini a good testing. The other thing is I dont have lots of LP especially in that part of the sky, so the haze knocked down the signal a bit, there is a little spreading around the brighter stars, the haze was variable so not all the frames were effected.

Archived