Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Gaz - I'm not sure what the point of reviving this thread was really - why wouldn't we just sticky Matts thread - its more up to date than this one which hasn't been discussed since last October

Not that it makes any difference I guess but if we were going to have a lounge type sticky thread rather than a separate section wouldn't we just sticky the more recent posting?

just a thought :0)

I only did it for my sanity. It was one of them times where i either did it or dreamt it :( and I'll be honest I thought I'd dreamt it. Apologies to mat I didn't mean to do it apart from what I just said.

On topic of star gazing. The coulter now has a new focuser and new base done woooooooo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm further west than the rest of you down here in cardigan but sat out on our veranda last night at 11.30 I couldn't believe how light it was.beautiful clear sky but it was still blue.amazing really.have a good night tonight folks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Oooo sounds nice Steve. I was up Cwmcarn forrest drive last night and it was still light at half 12. Nice security guard came over to see what I was doing. Said he's never seen any one in the main carpark doing astronomy before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a light in the carpark and the viewing in the main carpark is restricted, i find its good as its on the way to the flat from work for a short (2 - 3 hr) session

but the view is quite restricted with the hills, it the lower carpark (the one locked at 9) its alot better and darker as no lights

Should have posted this last week, and it's definitely not an astro thing

I'm very proud to announce the safe arrival to planet earth of Jessica Elizabeth who was born to my daughter in Lincoln on 28th May

She is very beautiful and both mother and baby are doing just fine

We now have a total of nine grandchildren spread across the UK and abroad, so we don't get called upon to do the baby sitting thing

Currently in Lincoln to meet Jessica.

Gordon

Should have posted this last week, and it's definitely not an astro thing

I'm very proud to announce the safe arrival to planet earth of Jessica Elizabeth who was born to my daughter in Lincoln on 28th May

She is very beautiful and both mother and baby are doing just fine

We now have a total of nine grandchildren spread across the UK and abroad, so we don't get called upon to do the baby sitting thing

Currently in Lincoln to meet Jessica.

Gordon

:hello2:,9 grandkids!.I bet christmas is expensive!

Thanks everyone, and yes Christmas and most other occasions can become a financial thing

The break down is 7 girls to 2 boys so a team might be difficult!

I'm very happy to report that Mum and daughter are both fine, Jessica is really lovely, very proud of them all

Gordon

Try this.

Open a dos session, (XP, Start/Run, then type CMD....Vista/Windows 7, just search for CMD and enter)

This will open a black window with a flashing curser.

at the curser, type

ping www.stargazerslounge.com /t /l 1024

This will test your connection to SGL and give you an idea how fast/slow your broadband is

I get, on avereage 32-35 ms. which is not bad.

if you get "timed out" you know you have some problems

also try swapping www,stargazerslounge.com for www.google.co.uk and run the test again

to quit the test hold the ctrl button and press letter c (cntrl+c) then type exit to, er, exit

Andy

it seems on the old forum the server did its auto backup between 1 and 3 (randomish when quiet) and i was unable to log on, im not sure when this new one does it but i assume similar time so its probally nothing to worry about mike :)

Archived