Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear-ish again 2nd go with the D3s

Clear again and i couldnt wait to get out and give this bad boy another go...i made the effort to go down to the bridge about a mile or so from my house. Still playing with 30s exposures 3x frame mosaic 17mm f/2.8 iso12800 no darks. The cloud didnt want to leave me alone, but at least i locked down the tripod this time :)

I quite like this shot :)

thanks for looking

post-17181-133877663268_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG............. That is jaw dropping, simpily amazing.

Any chance of a full version. I'd quite like that as a poster if you wouldnt mind.

How many shots was this? And what camera?

Thanks....I was thinking of doing myself one..... I can send it to you...its quite a big file though about 45meg not quite sure how i would get it over to you....

Nikon D3s 30s exposure, three frame mosaic, but not three full frames there was quit a lot of overlap on each.

To look at there is a very slight glow from LP very low on the horizon but virtually nothing, the long exposure really makes it show up. The skies are pretty dark here and the view of the Milky Way is very good when the conditions are right, with most good nights showing up as a silver streak.

Archived