Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from SW london

Phil4130

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Phil. I have been to bix hill, its near a car park i did my first observing session. Its part of the national trust, do like box hill public grounds. From what i remeber box hill is actually not as dark as you would think. I go to a place called bignor hill South of box hill. Its better but adds another 35mins drive. Bignor i estimate has +0.4 limiting mag, compared to bix hill, does not sound like much but makes a huge difference.

Oh yes and i wish to add, always visit your site in the day, as its beauty will reasure you its safe at night. Ive been to quite a few locations and so far no troubles. I think thobis becuase i get there for 11-12 and people isually be in be by that time.

Sounds like you have a few places. I have a nature park nearby that really comes alive at night. By come alive I mean everyone has gone home and the stars come out. Watched a meteor shower there with my girlfriend... but damn it gets creepy out in places like that!

All the best!

Archived