Hello there!

Dan_

Hi, I've just joined Stargazers Lounge and I thought I'd say hello!

I've just ordered myself a telescope and can't wait to get it and give it a try! I'm waiting on the Celestron Astromaster 130EQ which seemed like a good choice based on many reviews for a scope in that price range. Although from what I've read it sounds like I'll be needing to get some better Eye Pieces? I'm totally new to telescopes, but have always wanted to have a go, so hopefully I'll be able to figure it all out and see something!

Thanks for the help I've already received from reading threads here, and hope to share more in the future!

Dan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan, good luck with the new scope. Enjoy it first and work out for yourself what exactly you enjoy looking at... don't be in too much of a rush to get new eyepieces. The Wise Ones here gave me the same advice, and they are right - it's better to hook up with a local group and check out other eyepieces properly.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages, really looking forward to having a go now!

I'll definitely wait to get to grips with it all before getting any new accessories, good advice appalachik.

Hi dan, appalachick has probably given you the best advice. I have been in to astronomy for a few years but have only recently joned my local astronomy group. Earlier this year, I went along to the liverpool astronomical society and I still feel like kicking myself in the shin for not joining sooner! I was made to feel really welcome, and there are many members with different advice on all subjects. Its a great way to meet like minded people and expand your knowledge of the heavens tenfold.

Clear and dark!

Archived