new to the group.

sudzmonn

Hi everyone , just joined and am looking forward to gaining much needed knowledge from the site . A little about myself :

Married and live in upstate New York and don't look forward to the cooler weather coming out way ! Have many hobbies , sometimes to many as they keep me at times to busy . I've been playing in astronomy for about 2-1/2 years , have an IOPTRON Mount , mini tower pro . The tubes I have are

Astro-tech at6rc "f9

its 152mm X 1370mm .

Skywatcher 150mm x 750 mm

and the stellar view SV70Ed that I just love

Hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to get more data input as I'm learning about using the atec ic monochrome ccd with the rc astro-tech .

I've been using a Nikon dslr 5000 to start with an would like to start using the ccd atec

I've been looking for a program similar to registax but for the IMAC , we only have mac's so getting programs sometimes is a bit of a problem .

Well, I've babbled on enough - am interested in any info that is sent my way .

thanks

Ron B

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Welcome to the group!

One thing you could do is download some software similar to virtual machine and then run a windows environment on a mac (I know many say it defeats the object of having a mac!) but it does work quite well

Welcome to the group again!

Archived