NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi from sunny Wales

welshdai

Hello, found the forum yesterday while looking at how to flash my new philips 880nc. Now spending the day looking at software for my macbook to give me a hand with starting astrophotography!

I am a physics teacher living in south wales. Started an astronomy club last year and am hoping to learn a lot more over the summer so that i can share it with the pupils over the Winter.

Have a few smaller scopes but do have a skywatcher (120?) cant remember the name. is 4.75 inch diameter, f 1000mm.

My experience of observing is very limited so am looking for all help possible!

Will also be having a look on the forums for equipment personally and for our school.

Will be around a lot on here over the next 5 weeks! hehe

cheers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats the plan :) if only the cloud would go away :eek:

Just having a look for a good solar filter, would be good for the club in school and would give me something to do in the day!

The forum looks very friendly with some super advice. Managed to sort my philips cam yest with the advice off here, tempted to order a few more for the kids at school to use.

Must join your class, you can show me how to use my cam lol

I just made a solar filter from a sheet of Baader solar film, good price for a A4 sheet and easy to use/make, im made two one covers the full apperture of my SW 130 and also made a smaller one that fits into the small hole on the dust cover, just need to use them now

lol. ive had the cam a day! have some super pics of trees, aerials and birds on roof tops.

Will have a look for that paper now. Wish there was somewhere i could just go and browse astro stuff. Everything i get is off the net and take too long to get here!

hi there and welcome i read a post a while ago from another sgl guy/gal who was do in the same thing and he offered lots of paper work to the other person on this if i find the post,i will post you the link hope you have a great stay pat

Archived