1st Light w/ WO GT81 - WIP IC5146

Deneb

Hi

Finally managed to take the GT81 out last night, for a few hours before the banks of cloud started to roll in. I took this shot of the Cocoon Nebula located Cygnus, currently it is WIP I would like to add 2x2 RGB into this, please excuse the interference on the right of the frame as I had forgotten to turn on the set point cooling on the camera :). As I view the Fits the interference does gradually disappear throughout the frames.

So taken with the WO GT81 with a TRF2008 Reducer/Flattener with 1.25" Filters & an Atik 383L+. 4x 10mins Ha, 5x Darks, No Flats or Bias. Guided with a DIY 60mm guidescope, all mounted on a Celestron CGEM Mount.

1200x9.jpg

IC5146v31200x9GT81.jpg

IC5146v3cropGT81.jpg

untitled.jpg

Nadeem

Don't bin the colour. If you insist, try shooting a star first using both unbinned and binned modes. Then work out the sensitivity gain from binning. Then you can set the proper exposure but you will still lose definition.

Dennis

Very nicely done, the guiding is awesome and not forgetting your on a portable set up (standard tripod) :)

The crops showing up plenty of detail, might as well sell the 314 :(

Just kidding :)

Be interested to hear your views on how it compares with your ED80?

andrew

yep, it would be a nice comparison, the only thing left to worry about would be the budget factor...

Nadeem.

Thats looking very nice indeed. I think the decision on how well this scope works will come when you add the RGB. It will be interesting to see how it performs on the blue channel...

Good luck with some more clear skies when the moon vanishes.

Hi

nice image, be great with colour added.

I just got a flt98 with mark 4 reducer/flat but having probs getting proper distance to chip, have u had any probs with your trf2008

paul j

I'm with Tim and the others. The whole image looks clean and tidy. I agree with Dennis on not binning colour if you have the time. FIrstly you have quite a short FL, secondly there are lots of small star in this image (which will suffer most with binning) and thirdly the main neb is small with nice local colour detail.

The dust lane will be an attractive feature in this as well.

Looks like a great scope.

Olly

Archived