Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heatwave a comin' (so they say!)

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has heard about this, but apparently there is a 'heatwave' on the way (I'll believe it when I see it!), which will bring very high temperatures and humid conditions! ;)

I just wondered how this might affect one's viewing experience looking at the heavens; will there be a lot of atmospheric disturbance caused by the humid weather, will it make viewing difficult?! :eek:

Any comments most welcome.

Richard.

P.S. One good that that 'may' come of the nice weather is a lot of time to do some good solar viewing. ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will there be a lot of atmospheric disturbance caused by the humid weather, will it make viewing difficult?! :eek:

Yes it may cause issues with seeing - but I'd still prefer that to cloud! We might even get a few thunderstorms out of it, which will hopefully give us some rain that we really need!

Cheers

Ant

According to some media publications, the 'daily mail' and 'the sun', it is supposed to begin this weekend.

Have a look here... UK weather: Heatwave on its way for hottest May in 350 years | Mail Online

:eek:

Hold on, hold on....the link is for the Daily Wail Mail. It's from one of their "stock" stories. The time of year means that it is due to be rolled out.

Other stock stories include "Princess Diana, oh how we miss her", "Immigrants are stealing your money/jobs/partners/cars (delete as applicable)", "House price crash (caused by immigrants/gypsies/feckless youths)" and "That nice Dave Cameron will save us all".

In fact, save your money by not buying the rag, and get your daily fix from here: Daily Mail Headline Generator. Here's a couple of examples..

WILL IMMIGRANTS STEAL FROM TAXPAYERS?

HAS THE LABOUR PARTY TURNED BRITISH JUSTICE GAY?

WILL FACEBOOK GIVE PROPERTY PRICES CANCER?

;):D:D

Heatwave, eh? Lucky you!!!

It's about 15 C and raining here - in the DESERT!!!! Absolutely crazy cold and wet spring for us. We are usually in the mid to high 30's this time of year! :eek:

Dan

I seem to remember we were going to have "a barbecue summer" last year.

Remember all the BBQ stuff that Tescos ended up flogging off cheap... :eek::evil6:;)

I prefer to take a retrospective look at the weather these days.. dont bother with the forecasts anymore.. we get what we get when we get it...

Don't listen to anything the Daily Fail has to say.

As for this month. Given the cool temperatures we've had so far, it would have to be 40°C plus everyday for the rest of the month to set a record.

Wah! They're making it up as they go along!

(BTW The Milky Joe episode is my favourite bit of Boosh. Fantastic car chase!;))

Psychobilly (-qu'est-ce que c'est?-) is quite right. All you can say about the weather is 'che sera sera'.

p.s. three languages in one post - does that make me a polyglot? - or just a trio-glot? - or maybe just a complete-clot???:eek:

(BTW The Milky Joe episode is my favourite bit of Boosh. Fantastic car chase!;))

Psychobilly (-qu'est-ce que c'est?-) is quite right. All you can say about the weather is 'che sera sera'.

p.s. three languages in one post - does that make me a polyglot? - or just a trio-glot? - or maybe just a complete-clot???:eek:

Non! - A chique'bot ;)

Lol, yes I love the episode (hence my picture ;)), the boosh is a crazy show, you either love it or hate it. :eek:

p.s. three languages in one post - does that make me a polyglot? - or just a trio-glot? - or maybe just a complete-clot???;)

Heatwave, eh? Lucky you!!!

It's about 15 C and raining here - in the DESERT!!!! Absolutely crazy cold and wet spring for us. We are usually in the mid to high 30's this time of year! :eek:

Dan

Same temps with rain cloud here atm - tshirt weather! ;)

Its official Summer Forecast 2011 - Hot & Dry - Shades of 1976 - Netweather.tv

A repeat of 1976 by all accounts.

1976 was wonderful! But then I was 11 at the time, and I spent the long hot summer holidays cycling about the Welsh borders and swimming in the river. But now I'm a tad older, I still welcome a nice hot summer with clear skies, especially as me new 'scope should arrive this week! (Like many others, I couldn't resist a SkyMax 127 + Goto).

As for this weekend, I now live in Cumbria and I take the skies as they come (good weather in the UK does not necessarily mean good weather here), with a bit of help from the Met Office satellite pics.

76. I was eight and we were on a 2 week holiday around the uk. I was burnt to a crisp and got sunstroke. I don't really know where these idiots get their information from where they can predict the weather for weeks and months in advance. It is all the met office can do to predict what is going to happen a few days in advance. If I am pushed I listen to the Countrfile forecast on a Sunday night. However there is no substitute for looking out of your window. That is really the only way in my opinion.

Archived